Housing Deadline: 1 December 2012
A room block has been established at five hotels located in the city of Reykjavik.
The hotel rate for Arnarhvoll, Klöpp, Skjaldbreid, and The Plaza is 68,00 EUR per night; the hotel rate for Thingholt is 85 EUR per night (all hotel rates include breakfast). All properties are within walking distance of the Harpa Conference Center, the venue for the scientific sessions. Please see details below:
- Arnarhvoll (booking number: 8887)
- Klöpp (booking number: 6308)
- Skjaldbreid (booking number: 5522)
- Thingholt (booking number: 8603)
- The Plaza (booking number: 15389)
Note: Among the five hotels, Arnarhvoll is closest to the conference center (a 3-5 minute walk; see map below), has the best view of the city and its surroundings, and has the largest number of blocked rooms available for conference participants. Arnarhvoll is the conveners’ choice of stay.
E-mail Reservations: To reserve a sleeping room at one of the five hotels listed above, e-mail the following details:
- Full name
- Arrival and departure dates
- Credit card details (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express), including expiration date; note: CVC number is not required.
- Reference your preferred hotel’s name and booking number (see above listing) and name of group as ‘Chapman’ in order to receive the group rate
*The Statistical office of Iceland requires the tourist industry to provide a monthly report with numbers of guests and numbers of nationalities who come to visit Iceland. Please note that no personal information is given to the Statistic office.
Note: confirmation of emailed housing information is distributed within 24 hours of receipt.
*Note: the conference group rate only applies to the standard room type.
- Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. local time
- Check-out time is 12 noon local time
Guests will be required to supply credit card details upon check-in as a guarantee for incidentals.