Propose an AGU Chapman Conference!
Any AGU member may propose an AGU Chapman conference. Interested individuals should contact both the AGU Director of Meetings, Brenda Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the AGU Chapman Conference Chair, Venkat Lakshmi (email@example.com). Proposed AGU Chapman conferences can be held on the same or similar topics as previous or upcoming conferences, however justification is required.
Get Your Conference Started!
- Create a written summary, including scientific topics, objectives and goals
- Prepare a preliminary list of key speakers and anticipated number of participants (including students and young professionals)
- Provide contact information for confirmed co-conveners and program committee (and conveners’ curricula vitae)
- Outline the general format and schedule
- Suggest conference dates and duration; view the Timing/Scheduling a Chapman Conference section for AGU policy and guidelines.
- Offer location preferences that will promote conference objectives
- List co-sponsors and their role (non-financial support)
- List probable sources of financial support (for travel grants and/or conference expenses)
- Cite anticipated conference reports and/or publications
- Describe field trips, if applicable
Please note: AGU is not a financial resource for the AGU Chapman conferences; each conference must be self-supporting. Registration fees vary per conference requirements (i.e., food and beverage, audio-visual, and AGU’s logistics, technical and administrative support). In order to decrease the cost for conference participants, conveners are encouraged to seek external funding to support the conference.